MS SQL Service Virtualization Error

<<

PeterLawless

Post August 8th, 2013, 1:50 pm

MS SQL Service Virtualization Error

When I try to visualise a service using MS SQL, I get the error message below. I don’t have any problems with a similar setup using MySQL.

I have tested the MS SQL ODBC connection and it is working just fine.

Any advice?
<<

JohnOMahony

Post August 12th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Re: MS SQL Service Virtualization Error

Hi Peter

Your ODBC connection is using integrated windows authorization which overrides anything provided on the wizard.
Since the Portus server is running as "System" these are the credentials used. There are a couple of workarounds.

You can start the Portus server "manually" by opening a command shell, going to the Apache\bin directory of the installation location (e.g. Program Files (x86)\Ostia\Portus 4.3.1\Apache22\bin) ,
and running "httpd.exe". This will start it under the user that started the cmd shell (i.e. you).

Alternatively, you can modify the service itself to change the user that starts the service.
That is the usual "services.msc" command and then change the Portus431 service , Log On tab (note a password must be provided).

In both instances, the user that starts Portus must have "Full Control" access to the "Portus 4.3.1" folder in Program Files (x86).
Otherwise, the server logs won't be written correctly.

Regards,

John
<<

PeterLawless

Post August 13th, 2013, 9:37 am

Re: MS SQL Service Virtualization Error

Problem solved. Modifying the service worked perfectly, thank you.

Return to SQL